The good thing about being a new blogger (or posting on a new blog) is that I can write any entire “10 Things About Hope” post about myself, and it’s okay because it’s letting my readers get to know more about me. And it’s TOTALLY not because I like talking about myself. I promise. 😛
Now, without further ado, here are 10 Things About Hope (aka me) so that you can get to know more about your blogger here at Penning Hope!
10 Things About Hope
- I am obsessed with my dog. Like, no joke. Completely obsessed. I can guarantee that you will be seeing photos of here on here, because I love her, and she’s adorable, and she’s basically like a kid to me. I rescued her in September of 2011. And then, I was one of those crazy people who pays $80 to have a DNA test done on their dog, because I was curious as to what kind of mutt she actually was. 😀That photo is from the day I adopted my dog (her name is Laurel, by the way). She is CLEARLY not that small anymore.
- Playing off of the above photo, I am a graduate of Georgia Tech. As such, I am not a fan of UGA, despite living in (and growing up in) Georgia. I avoid wearing red and black together as often as possible. I’m fully aware that this is not a common opinion for someone in Georgia. So, please be nice.
- My degree from Georgia Tech was a B.S. in Management. After graduating, I studied Creative Writing for a couple of years. Now I am working on my Masters in Accounting. But what I really want to do isn’t accounting; it’s writing.
- I absolutely LOVE fishing. Tons and tons and tons.
The photos above include me fishing at Lake Lanier (in Georgia), two are deep-sea fishing trips out of the Florida Panhandle, and the lower right photos is fishing in Alaska. That isn’t the biggest fish I caught while in Alaska, but it’s a better photo than my big fish. Lol. The Grouper in the Upper Right fish is the largest I’ve ever caught. And yes. I did reel it in and land it all by myself. 😀
- I’ve seen a smoking, active volcano.
When I went to Alaska to go Salmon fishing in July 2009, we had to fly past Mount Redoubt, which is a still active volcano. Mount Redoubt had erupted on March 22, 2009, and when my plane flew past in early July, it was still steaming/smoking. The above photo is a picture I took through the airplane window.
- I am a HUGE genealogy nerd. Like, majorly huge. Mildly obsessed. I can trace my family through the Civil War, the War of 1812, The American Revolution, and to such countries as Scotland, England, and Germany (mostly).
- I love hiking. Especially hiking to waterfalls. Because I love waterfalls. And sunsets.
- My 21st Birthday was on a Friday the 13th. I’ll let you make your own assumptions about that one.
- This is actually my second blog (well, third if you count the fact that I’m currently also blogging sporadically over here). However, on my first blog, I started out anonymous, and then I switched to blogging under a pen name. You can still read those posts here.
- Despite the fact that I pretty much live in jeans and flip flops and hardly every dress up….
My boyfriend and I clean up quite nicely! The photo is of at my Junior League Charity Ball back in December 2014.
So there you have it. There are 10 Things About Hope. 10 things you probably did not previously know about me (or maybe you did).