Welcome to Penning Hope. I’m so glad you’ve stopped by to join me in my new blogging adventure.
If you’ve followed me in the past at Sweet, Sassy Southern Belle where I blogged anonymously/under a pen name, then you know a bit about me already. My writing style will be very much the same, as that was 100% me. I just won’t be behind the cloak of hiding who I am anymore.
Although I haven’t yet figured out for certainty, I do know the following:
- I am very attached to my southern roots, so you can expect to see posts about being southern and maybe about my southern ancestors. Genealogy is a hobby of mine, so I actually know quite a bit.
- I am in grad school, so you can expect me to occasionally write about class.
- My family is very important to me. You’ll probably see them pop up every now and then.
- I have a boyfriend, and he has three children. You will likely hear about them quite a lot.
- I’m a believer in Christ, so you may see some spiritual/inspirational posts
- I’m also a believer in the paranormal, so there may be posts involving that sometimes as well.
And though I’m sure there will be more that I write about as well, there are also some things that I know will not be part of this blog.
- I am not a fashion person. So I’m not going to be a fashion blogger. Don’t expect to see much about outfits or what’s “in style.”
- Makeup is a rarity for me. So I won’t become a beauty blogger, and can promise you that I probably won’t be posting makeup tips.
- I also don’t cook much, so don’t expect to see many (if any) recipes.
- I have no intention of posting much that has to do with politics. That’s something that divides people too easily. You are welcome to believe what you want, and I’ll believe what I want. We don’t have to agree.
- This is MY blog, not my boyfriend’s, not his children’s, and not my family’s. As such, I will most likely avoid using full names and instead default to initials or pronouns. I will also use photos of these people sparingly. Again, this is my space, not theirs, and as such, I want to respect their right to privacy as much as possible. I may also be paranoid about the safety of my boyfriend’s kids, my nephew, and my small cousins. There are too many crazies on the internets that like to roleplay with the photos of kids on instagram or worse.
The bottom line is, I’m just me. Plain and simple me. And this is my me space. If that doesn’t frighten you too much, then I’m glad you’re here. Maybe something I write will inspire you or is an experience we can share.
So, if you’d like, feel free to go ahead and introduce yourself in the comments below. I can’t wait to start connecting with my readers!